PageStaker is a script that lays the groundwork for creating an EPUB3 Page List. This is how it works:
- Inserts a page number at the page break
- The page numbers will be live with a style name of com.rorohiko.paragraphstake.style
- The point size is set to 0.1pt and horizontal/vertical scale of 1%
- The "stakedPageNumbers" are controlled as Conditional Text
- When exported with the conditional visible
It will create some HTML inside the <p> tags in your EPUB export that looks like the following:
You can then RegEx that into shape. Or you could use the second script.
The second script is meant to be run post-EPUB export. It will run a sript on your HTML files to turn this markup:
into the epub:type that you need for a page-list:
<span epub:type="pagebreak" id="page21" title="21" />
It will also extract one or more patterns from the XHTML files to make your page list in the <nav> document.
Ready to purchase?
Each script is selling for $50, or $75 for both. If you email me at <firstname.lastname@example.org>, I will generate a PayPal invoice. Once paid, I will send the scripts and detailed instructions on how to use them.